Marie Irwin Community Center!
Almost every day of the week, you'll find the Marie Irwin Community Center busy with preschool classes, senior programs, adult leisure activities, rentals and more! Irwin features fully equipped preschool classrooms, art rooms, adult exercise areas, meeting rooms, a full kitchen and an outdoor bandshell.
The center was made possible by a generous gift from the Richard D. Irwin family. The facility and park is nestled in the downtown Homewood area at Highland Avenue and Ridge Road. The 11-room, 27,000 square-foot building is the hub for park district and community programs. Leisure, wellness, physical activity, social events, cultural activities and much more are a part of the ongoing schedule at Irwin.
As stated by our benefactor at the conception of the project, "This facility is to be first class and no corners are to be cut." In keeping with this philosophy, an exceptional community center was developed for the residents of Homewood and Flossmoor. Our major focus is to provide those activities most requested by our residents.
Mondays-Thursdays: 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. | Fridays: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-Noon. | Closed Sundays.
Conveniently located in a park setting in the heart of Homewood, the Irwin Community Center‘s many amenities are available for private rentals. Whether you are looking for a small space to hold a business meeting or a large venue for a wedding and reception, we can meet your needs. Our main room accommodates up to 150 guests and offers a friendly staff, a variety of room set-ups, full-service kitchen and affordable rental rates.
There is plenty of free parking in front and around the Irwin Center and the adjacent park features a gazebo, water fountain and children’s playground.
December 1 through February 28 will be granted the first week of September.
March 1 through May 31 will be granted the first week of December.
June 1 through August 31 will be granted the first week of March.
September 1 through November 30 will be granted the first week of June.
Facility reservations need to be made at least two weeks in advance of the requested date.
Online Rental Request
Please complete the form below. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE A RENTAL DATE. A facility supervisor will contact you to set up and finalize your rental.
Rental and Policy Guidelines
- A $200 security deposit and rental fee must be paid in full when the rental application is submitted.
- All rentals must be submitted in person. Your arrival time, (including decorating) and your closing time
(including clean-up) is part of your rental fee.
- Irwin Community Center can accommodate up to 150 guests and features a variety of amenities including a full-service kitchen, 60” round tables, 6’ banquet tables, molded chairs, microphone system and more.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not allowed at the Irwin Center.
- To qualify for resident rates for a wedding reception, either the bride, groom or their parents must be
residents of the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District. Proof of residency may be requested.
- Events for participants ages 13 - 20 have additional requirements. Please contact the Irwin staff for details.