This is your place for fun, education and resources through these turbulent times. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives and continue to have extraordinary experiences with the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District. We hope that this Vitural Recreation Center will bring programs and resources right to you and your family and make it easier for you to prioritize your health and well-being.
Visit this page often or follow us on Facebook for new updates and ideas to keep you and your family healthy, entertained and informed. Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Have a great idea or resource you’d like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fitness & Activities
- Ben Hillis Wado Ki Karate 5-Miniute Lessons
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
- Fitness Blender for Kids
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities For Kids
- GoNoodle Kids Fitneess
- Tennis Lesson from Cindy Heidkamp
- Golf lessons from PGA Pro Tom Denklau - Bunker shots
Crafts & Fun Learning
- Dawn Leader-Peloso - Creative Writing & Story Telling Class
- 30+ Toilet Paper Roll Crafts and Activities
- 16 Crafts you can do when you're bored
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Crafts from FreeKidsCrafts
- All Kids Network Crafts
- The Happy Scientist
- Highlights Kids - Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities.
- Nomster Chef - Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook with their grown-ups.
- Outdoors E-Learning
Nature and Virtual Travel
- Google Earth - Take a Virtual Vacation or explore the world! Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there.
- Over 30 Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual Museum Tours - Visit museums around the world through their virtual tours.
- The Environmental Nature Center - Educational videos geared towards school-aged children.
- Nat Geo Kids - Learn about geography and animals from National Geographic.
- Gardening - Guide to gardening for kids
- Smithsonian Zoos and Museums - No need to travel to one of the Smithsonian’s zoos or museums — this website brings your child everything from live video of the National Zoo to the Smithsonian Learning Lab right to your screen.
What did the drummer call his twin daughters?
Anna one, Anna two!
Want to hear a joke about construction?
I'm still working on it
What sound does a witch's car make?
What does a zombie vegetarian eat?
What does a nosey pepper do?
It gets jalapeno business!
What’s that Nevada city where all the dentists visit?
You’re American when you go into the bathroom, and you’re American when you come out, but do you know what you are while you’re in there?
Why did the picture go to jail?
Because it was framed
What do you call a bear without any teeth?
A gummy bear
What do you call a fish with two knees?
A two-knee fish
Did you know the first French fries weren't actually cooked in France?
They were cooked in Greece
What's black and white and goes around and around?
A penguin in a revolving door