H-F Park District Policies
Homewood-Flossmoor Park District intends to comply with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADAAA. If you need any special accommodations, call 708.957.0300 so we can make the necessary accommodations. Accessible parks are indicated in the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District map. Our staff works with South Suburban Special Recreation Association (SSSRA)and parents when special accommodations are necessary due to a participant’s disability.
To ensure safe and enjoyable programs and facilities for all residents, the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District has developed the following code of conduct when participating in programs and using facilities:
- Show respect to all participants, staff, equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Refrain from using offensive or profane language.
- Refrain from aggressive behavior that could cause bodily harm.
The park district reserves the right to dismiss a participant from a program if their behavior or language is deemed inappropriate by staff. Homewood-Flossmoor Park District applies a caring and positive approach to discipline, yet reserves the right to dismiss a participant whose behavior endangers the safety of others or causes property damage.
Late Pick-Up & Dismissal
A late fee may be enforced for any park district program that involves the pickup and drop-off of program participants.
- The late fee is $10 beginning ten minutes after dismissal time and $1 for every minute thereafter.
- The late fee must be paid within 24- hours.
- After four late arrivals of fifteen minutes or more, the Recreation staff may dismiss the participant from the program with supervisory approval.
- This policy will be enforced for programs that take place throughout the entire year.
- Adult programs are open to high school students (age 16+) unless otherwise stated.
- Participant safety is a priority. All Homewood-Flossmoor Park District employees and instructors undergo an Illinois State Police criminal background check upon employment.
- The Homewood-Flossmoor Park District assumes no responsibility for personal injuries or loss of personal property while attending a sponsored activity or facility.
- When Homewood-Flossmoor District programs are scheduled at school facilities, school programs have priority. On school holidays, programs in schools will be canceled and made up at the end of
the session. See program descriptions for canceled dates.
- Foreign exchange students in School Districts 153, 161 and 233 are allowed free admission to all programs except where a contractual service is involved.
- Participants who display inappropriate or potentially harmful behavior will be asked to leave the program or facility. Refunds will not be given.
- The Homewood-Flossmoor Park District has a financial assistance program. Call 708.957.0300 for details.
- Homewood-Flossmoor Park District programs and events have priority over other rentals in all Homewood-Flossmoor Park District facilities.
- Proof of residency will be verified before resident rates can be accepted. To verify residency, you will be asked to provide a photo ID and current utility bill and, if registering dependents, the top half of your most recent 1040 tax return, birth certificate or custody papers. Additional proof may be required in some circumstances.
- Because of the Park District’s high use of school facilities, the District has extended to all residents of School Districts 153, 161 and 233 resident rates only for any recreation program held in a school facility.
- In general, out-of-district residents may register for programs at a 25% higher fee.
- Class transfers are discouraged.
- Classes may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
- Non Resident registration will be processed two weeks after resident registration. This policy does not include adult team sports or nonathletic trips.
- Participants may be required at any time to provide reasonable proof of age, residency, marital status or dependency.
- Fees will not be prorated when registering for a class if the class session has started.
- $25 will be charged for returned checks.
- If you are unable to make a private lesson, you must give 24-hour notice. With less than 24-hour notice, you will be charged.
- For certain programs, a late registration fee may be charged.
- If any program is canceled by the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District, the participant will receive a full refund.
- A $5 per program session service charge will be deducted from all refunds over $5 except when a medical excuse is presented.
- Participants will be allowed to attend the first two classes and receive a prorated refund. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made on or after the third date of program.
- No refund will be given on trips with less than five days notice prior to the trip.
- Refunds are issued approximately seven business days after program cancellation. Call 708.957.0300 for more information.
Photo / Video Policy
Registrants and participants of programs and events permit the Homewood-Flossmoor Park District and its affiliates to take photos and videos of themselves and their children for publication in the brochure, website and additional uses the district deems necessary unless the registrant or participant expressly files with the district a written objection as to photos / videos of themselves and / or their children.
Dolphin Lake Precaution
Swimming and ice skating are not allowed at Dolphin Lake. Dolphin Lake’s constant undercurrent is dangerous regardless of the season. Conditions are never safe for swimming or ice skating.
All persons fishing on Homewood-Flossmoor Park District property must possess both a State of Illinois fishing license (unless exempt under state laws) and a Homewood-Flossmoor Park District fishing permit. Permits can be purchased at the Goldberg Center, Irwin Center or Irons Oaks for $5 R / $15 NR. Fishing limits are: Large Mouth Bass - catch and release only; Walleye -18” minimum size limit, (2 fish limit per day); and Bluegill or Crappie - 6” minimum size limit (10 fish limit per day).
Dogs in Parks
In general, dogs are allowed in Homewood-Flossmoor Park District’s parks. Dogs must be on an 8 ft. leash (per ordinance) and owners must clean up after their pet (s). Dogs are not allowed at Irons Oaks or at outdoor special events.